- The Inventers Tools of the Trade Quantitative
analyzers the Koinge manometric flame apparatus.
- Bell used this type
equipment to study the performance of his microphones and in his display at the centenarian exhibition.
- It was the oscilloscope of the day.
Jim & Rhoda Morris See more
- Bell Studied the electromagnetic effects of undulating
currents and the characteristics of his variable resistance microphones
using versions of the manometric flame apparatus such as those
- He replaced the rubber diaphragm "C" in figure 651 with an
iron disc which was driven by an electromagnet
- The modulated flames were viewed in a rotating mirror.
- This apparatus was capable of giving quantitative performance
for microphones, and receivers
- He used them in the spring of 1876 and at the Philadelphia
Manometric Flame Apparatus in Our Collection
Return To telephone
Copyright 12/06/2004 Jim & Rhoda Morris